Sunday, July 23, 2006

Apologies to Flickr™

I store a lot of my digital photos on Flickr™, and have tried to post a photo here by clicking on the 'Blog This' button - it worked fine, but the text saying where it came from was so tiny that it just looked like a broken line. I don't know if that was because I edited the text in Blogger™ after posting it or if I did something else wrong? I also tried to do one of their groovy 'dynamic badge' things, and that just came up blank...

I'm a bit concerned that by uploading my photos from the computer I might be infringing the Community Guidelines as it says "However, pages on other websites that display images hosted on flickr.com must provide a link back to Flickr from each photo to its photo page on Flickr." I don't know if that includes images stored on Flickr™, but not posted to the blog from Flickr™... I can't believe that I lose control of my images that easily, but working with lawyers a lot over the years makes me worry about inadvertantly doing the wrong thing!

Hmmm!? I'm hoping that giving them a mention in this post might make up for the lack of links...? Apart from this (minor) problem I love Flickr™ - great to mail to friends who can view the latest photos as a slideshow (and flick through them as quickly as they like!), and just browsing other people's photos is fun.

Might give it another go, another day & if I still can't get it to post a legible/visible link to Flickr™ I guess I'm going to have to contact the Support Team...

No comments:

Post a Comment