Saturday, July 21, 2007

Weeds galore!

What I didn’t mention was the jungle that met us on arrival!

I’m sure the smallest weeds were knee high – the rest had gone for waist/chest/shoulder height with a few reaching far above our heads!

In the two-and-a-bit months since we were last here, the garden has gone mad!

It’s been sufficiently warm for everything to grow really well, coupled with immense amounts of rain – what more could the weeds ask for!

Ever so slightly (spot the ironic understatement there?) demoralising…

At least I’d weeded thoroughly the last time – I dread to think what it would have been like if I hadn’t spent about 35 hours putting the garden to rights in April!

I’m pleased to say that in the three weeks since I got here, I’ve managed to get the garden under control again.

I’ve spent 84 hours working out there – not all of it dealing with weeds, but a large proportion was spent weeding or hoeing – and it looks like a garden again.

I never help myself by having loads of little plants to plant when I come out!

Now it’s sorted (for the time being), I can go to “Botanic” and buy some more plants!!

Wrestling with the "overgrowth", I’ve brushed up against lots of the herb plants I’d put in: fennel, lavender, thyme, rosemary, marjoram etc.

The smell has been glorious – if it wasn’t for the weather, I could have been in Provence!

No comments:

Post a Comment