Saturday, March 28, 2009

Home straight?

Arriving at the house on Friday, only M. Waeber was on site: he has finished all the floor tiling, and was in the process of tiling the bathroom.

Sadly, I think I left my thinking head at home! For some reason I admired the beautiful (finished) kitchen floor but left my camera in its case, so you'll have to take my word for it that it looks nice.

But you can admire my loo!

M. Waeber had finished the tiling in there and Schwartz had fitted the sanitary ware and the towel rail.

It looks good enough to use!

The only "fly in the ointment" is the delay connecting it up to the main drains.

With luck, we will get M. Luparello to start work early April, so that may be resolved next time we visit.

Fingers crossed!

Not much to report elsewhere: still finding things Schwartz have forgotten to do, so that's an ongoing "snagging" list, and the things that M. Huguenot's men didn't finish (I feel that they would have finished their jobs if they'd been on site a week longer).

We're going back to have the "reception" meeting on Good Friday (oddly, that's a bank holiday that we have and the French miss out on!) - it promises to be a long day, but I'm looking forward to taking back possession of the house...

And cleaning up!

No comments:

Post a Comment