Saturday, December 25, 2010

Things I'm going to gloss over...

...As it's Christmas day, I'm not going to focus on:
  • The continuing inability of the project manager and plumber to finish a very straightforward two-month conversion project in less than a year [!]
  • Our journey down: delays leaving the office added to delays leaving London and then we came up against delays on the Shuttle service, and then further delays on the service. We arrived at the house at 6am; not quite how I'd planned starting my birthday, but at least we are here!
  • Tiredness: I managed two and a half hours sleep yesterday morning; David had a two hour nap late yesterday afternoon. It's just not enough when you get to our ages!
I am going to focus on:
  • Enjoying our poêle
  • Enjoying the divine voice of Jessye Norman singing Christmas carols
  • Enjoying the candles I managed to find [too much snow upstairs to want to disinter all of our Christmas decorations]
  • Enjoying the company of my lovely husband, and the peace and quiet
And that's enough for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment