Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Iris Garden

Last year we got around to creating the "iris garden" in front of the meadow-facing kitchen window...
The ground is pretty crappy, but that seems to be what irises like, so a winner all round!
We'd eradicated (almost all) the bindweed...
And I'm quite happy spot-weeding just a bit of bindweed.
We bought the rhizome-type irises [the sort that like to be baked in summer]...
And planted them up.

We interspersed with the bulb irises, but late frosts after a really mild winter killed off almost all the of the buds, just as they were about to flower.
This year, they'd really grown, and I think all of them flowered.
I love some of the flowers [all those shown]...

But am not sure about the muddier-coloured ones...
If I'm not any happier next year, I will move them and replace with some 'prettier' colours.
Like this one, for instance!

No comments:

Post a Comment