Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Finally finished dealing with the soil heap

In the end it took us 24 hours to level out the soil heap, with another 3 and ½ hours levelling it flat on the garden, but it feels a job well done!

Now all the ground is levelled (or as level as I want it), apart from a small trench with some gravel in it (but I need to move the gravel first, & there’s a heap of soil under the horse chestnut to fill that), and I’ve done the paths and planted all the plants I brought out (42 in total). It really does look like a garden now, and will only get better and better.

Having moved all that soil, I reckon there was at least one lorry load (by the time it was all un-compacted, nearer 1 ½ or 2 lorry loads?) – so that’s probably 11 tonnes (if not 22 tonnes, & not including digging out for the patio!). It was gratifying when M. Lorin call & was really impressed; I’m not doing it to impress other people, but seeing their amazement is quite pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment