Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Rain Stopped Play

I finally finished digging out for my patio (OK, it’s not level, but as what I’m digging into is effectively hard-core, I may decide that doesn’t matter!) about 3 hours before David was due to arrive. He couldn’t stop me then (I knew he’d think it mad & suggest getting a little man with a digger – but I want it NOW, not in a “quinzaine” – which technically means in a fortnight, but is actually the French equivalent of a Japanese “Yes” – i.e. “We may be considering considering your request”! [An Italian friend explained that the Italian “domani” was like the Spanish “mañana” “but without that sense of urgency”!]) - I need to be able to flatten the soil heap (after Dominique’s moved the heap of spoil; he says he’s coming early next week) – I need to see any odd lumps & dips to try to get it more even, then put in the paths to & from the patio (this is why I need to do the patio now) before I can plant the plants! I’m itching to plant the plants. I bet they are too…

Watch this space…

So the point of that ramble was: having achieved my goal (patio dug), I was delighted when it belted down with rain. And I got exercise running around & shutting 12 windows! I could get used to living in something bigger that a one-bedroom flat… I couldn’t do any more gardening and the garden was getting watered. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment