Monday, October 09, 2006

A letter from another project manager...

Saturday's post brought a surprise - a written response from one of the maîtres d'œuvre also saying he would be willing to inspect the house/oversea the project. Both he and "Mr Asterix" are partnered with another maître d'œuvre in the area, so that means we've had 80% success from the SYNAAMOB (SYndicat National des Architectes, des Agrées et des Maîtres d'Œuvre en Bâtiment) website!

David has contacted the two latest candidates and we are seeing M. Beauvineau (I'm sorry, nothing springs to mind as a 'nickname'!) when we go to France, and "Mr Asterix" can't make it then, but our neighbour kindly agreed to let him into the house to inspect some time before we go, so we'll still be able to get an opinion from him.

We spent several hours (over six, I think) over the weekend writing a comprehensive list of things we're not happy with/concern us, which we'll send out tomorrow or Wednesday. Now we have to wait till we go to France before we can go any further.

It will sound ironic, I suppose, if I say that I hope the builder doesn't do any more work before we get there! I never took any photos of the holes in the concrete - I can't think why not, as I've taken photos of everything else! I'm hoping that he hasn't patched up the concrete, so that the project managers can see how badly it's cracked...

No comments:

Post a Comment