Saturday, June 20, 2009

"Felicitations!"

Just had a lovely surprise...

I was checking my emails (have got the computer on the dining table so I can look out of the window whilst "working"), and I saw what looked like M. Lorin going into the churchyard.

It was a white van (and may well have been a C15; who knows [who cares]?), so I kept an eye out to see if it was indeed M. Lorin when he reappeared.

Which it was, so he had an impromptu visit to look around the house.

I had been a bit concerned: it was his house, and we have made some radical changes, but he said it was lovely and congratulated us on the work, our taste and thought/foresight.

I owned up to the news stairs being M. Boyer's idea, and the wall around the back terrace being John's idea.

He said he was happy for us, and he agreed that we'd done what the house needed.

I told him I was so glad to hear that, because it had been his house that we've really knocked about, but he said it's truly our house now; and it feels it.

I'm happy now we've had his blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment