Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 32

Carpenters finished boarding out above the bedroom.

[Maria still debating whether to create a fuss, or just accept substandard project management in order to get those bloody people out of our lives; instinct says "get the insulation added", and "get the plumbing sorted", but I'm fighting against that as my head is saying "make them go away"!]

Sad to see them go; I've enjoyed chatting with Laurent, and they just get on with their work with no fuss, and minimal discussions, unlike the electrician...

Electrician arrived today!

He and his colleague are finishing off the first fix in the stable, and we had another long, involved discussion about the missing phone point in the kitchen, but I think it will be OK: the bare cable should be able to run in the gap that's opened between the insulation and the beam, and then behind the upright, with minimal channelling in to sit next to the power socket.

I just had a brilliant idea (if I do say so myself!), that if we are gouging out the insulation, we might as well add another socket which will cut out the adaptor plugged into the lightning-protection box (circuit breaker? I think in English we don't have these because all our plugs are fused?) for the internet router.

No comments:

Post a Comment