Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Hallowe'en!

This should probably go on my other blog, but I've got a tenuous link, so I'm putting it here.

[Hopefully this time next year I will have some produce from our potager, and that might include a pumpkin.  See, I told you it was tenuous!]

Apparently I've turned into a bit kid: having enjoyed last year's Jack-o'-lantern so much, I wanted another pumpkin to try again this year.  Well, I bought a small one, but then got seduced by a much bigger one when we went to Sainsbury's.  It seemed a bit ridiculous buying another one, just because I wanted a larger "canvas", but David was very encouraging, so I now have two lanterns this year.

[I have my sneaking suspicions that David doesn't really care one way or the other about carved pumpkins...

I think he just cares about the soup!]

So, I've had a productive afternoon armed with a sharp knife, an ice-cream scoop, a soup spoon and a teaspoon...

Not to mention shallots, carrots, and various spices, you'll be pleased to hear, David!



No comments:

Post a Comment