Monday, December 10, 2012

Magny-Cours

One day in late July, we went off to Magny-Cours for a pair of back-to-back track days.  It was filthy weather most of the way there, and it wasn't looking good for David having fun!
Off on its trip!
We got there, and it was cold, wet and just plain yuk!  Still it might improve...
Hoping this is mist, and will burn off...
Thankfully, the sun came through for what felt like the first time in months, so much fun was had!
It was, and did; yay!
I particularly love Eybis' ability to make it fun for those of us normally left in the paddock/pit-lane...
Family lap
Family lap: a great chance to go round a classic circuit really, REALLY, slowly...
Possibly the slowest lap there, ever?
But as that's the fastest I'm ever likely to go, I'll take it!
Great fun!
Honestly, would you want to go round those curves any faster than 15-20 miles per hour?!
Thanks, Eybis!
I was ever so happy that it was warm and dry at that point, and it gave me a great insight into David's day.
Troy Corser, giving good advice
Troy Corser was there, and gave a couple of pointers to help the mostly-road riders handle being on track better - it all made sense to me, but as is the way of all things, those pearls of wisdom are now long forgotten; hopefully David has retained more!
Big Jim, showing off?
Stunt rider, Big Jim, was thoroughly entertaining, even if I don't want David to try to copy him!
Sculpture to Jean Bertigaud

I suspect it won't be the last time that we go to Magny-Cours!

No comments:

Post a Comment