Friday, October 19, 2007

Changing Seasons

It's getting colder now; definitely feels like Autumn, even on the warmest days, rather than "Indian" Summer.

It was 5°C yesterday when I got up, and 3°C this morning.

Yesterday, when the mist had cleared, the garden was steaming...

I felt as though I lived near a hot spring.

It's too wet to do any gardening (there's no power in the sun to dry the soil, and I don't want to compact it any more than I absolutely have to), but thankfully dry enough to go for a walk.

That's assuming I don't mind the occasional mud-removal stop, which I don't.

So much nicer that the city equivalent: dog-sh!t-removal stop!
The advantage of nice sticky mud is being taller without having to have shoe lifts!

The trees and vines are starting to change colour, and I'm catching a whiff of woodsmoke now and then (and feeling jealous when I do!), and have resorted to wearing my lightly-tinted sunglasses to keep the wind out of my eyes.

I don't want people to think I'm crying when I'm lovin' it!

No comments:

Post a Comment