Thursday, October 11, 2007

Miscellaneous:

When we got back here after going home for a couple of weeks, it felt weird, but in an indefinable way. I couldn't work out what was wrong...

Until David pointed out that the clock wasn’t (or more precisely, the bells weren’t) working. It was almost eerie!

It was a few days before they fixed it, and I really missed it.

We spoke with the neighbour who has some vines at the back of our meadow, but lives in another village, and he said their clock only strikes the hour through the night (not the quarters, nor the hour twice) and they only have the midday and 7pm Angelus.

I suppose that’s what you get when you have Parisian second homers in the village!
--------------------------------------------------
It was down to 5°C at night in early September – a reminder that autumn starts early here. They say that after 15 August, summer is finished.

Last night was down to 4°C, after a day when it was 11°C at midday. Sadly (for those of us who have turned into nesh Southerners!), it was 12°C upstairs & 13°C downstairs in the house.

Not warm enough!
--------------------------------------------------
I’m getting used to driving again. One day, I even enjoyed myself! Mostly it’s still not enjoyable, although I have taken to using fifth gear occasionally!
--------------------------------------------------
I saw gentians whilst out walking near the motorway – I was following a track that doesn’t really lead anywhere, but goes under the motorway & there they were by the side of the “road”.

Lovely!
--------------------------------------------------
Is it just coincidence that the people who throw their food wrappers out of car windows eat rubbish?

I haven't seen a single packet for anything organic, cold-pressed or additive-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment