Saturday, May 05, 2007

Change of style

I'm trying to keep my paragraphs short - I've tended to write like I would write a letter, but recently read a couple of other people's blogs, and liked the short paragraphs; made it easier to keep your place.

So I'm trying out the new "improved" (hopefully) version.

I've got a couple of friends who send occasional letters, and when I read their correspondence the way they write is so similar to the way they speak that I can "hear" their news. [No, not in the "needing a visit from the nice men in white coats" way!] It's almost like a verbal report. Does that make sense?

I've tried to do this blog in the same way I compose my letters, but I guess I've got to make some concessions to the difference between screen and paper. Being a complete Luddite (well, slightly less so, these days), I naturally prefer paper...

But having said that, I do occasionally come across blogs from complete strangers that I really enjoy, and there's no way I'd receive a letter from those people!

In my experience, the only strangers that send you letters (as opposed to flyers, reminders, etc. from companies you have dealings with - all the junk that goes with the business of living in the 21st Century) tend to be dangerous nutcases, so have I just accidentally made out a case against paper updates?

If you don't like it, please let me know... I suspect people who know me find long rambling paragraphs much more my style!

No comments:

Post a Comment