Thursday, May 03, 2007

March visit 6

Observations on French homes

Following on from thinking about the lovely gîte, there are 2 points I’m not sure about:

1. Brown kitchens

Why? I don’t think anything more needs saying! However, in case anyone doesn’t immediately twig what I mean (you may not have recently been in a French house), let me just say: brown sink (2-tone, of course), brown taps (2-tone, also), brown tiles (worktop, splash-back &, obviously, floor), brown hob, brown oven (if one fitted) and of course wooden (a particularly brown kind; no beech or birch here) doors.

2. Five (at least) different types of flooring

We’ve stayed at enough places now to wonder whether there is some sort of ordinance that decrees you must have at least five different types of floor covering in any home. Preferably at least four different types (shapes, sizes, colours) of tiles and two kinds of wooden flooring. I’ve got pictures to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment