Thursday, May 03, 2007

March visit 3

Meeting with M. Boyer

We went to M. Boyer’s office (I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned that) for an all day meeting (9 –5.30, phew!). It seems as though there were no points left unaddressed, but I’m sure I’ve forgotten most of them by now. We looked at some sketches (by the end, I knew that we’d have to send some scanned alterations, but I can only think in French for a certain time before losing the will to live!), and David has christened M. Boyer “nitpicker pursuivant”. This made me think of a certain beautiful young lady of my acquaintance (hi M – you know who you are!), but nitpicking to the highest level is what we need!

The Boyers took us to see their house; they are in the process of renovating an old house themselves and are keen to use environmentally friendly processes wherever possible. We really liked the hemp/lime wall covering – it’s rougher than plaster, but apparently a really good insulator (doesn’t need rock wool or glass fibre as well). Also, the finish can be left as it is; no painting, I like that idea! If all our insulation/plasterboard has to come out (and it sounds as though it does!), that would be a very good alternative.

While we were saying goodbye to the Boyers, a flight of cranes went overhead; they sure are noisy brutes! It was lovely to see them; perhaps we’ll get around to trying to see them nesting next year… Once we’d seen the first skein, we saw them again several times on the journey home. They fly much more untidily than geese, whose neat V-formation made it comparatively easy to tell the difference. Also, if they are low, the noise gives the game away!

No comments:

Post a Comment