Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bods have gone now...

And left me with a new problem: the slabs are all cut to size/shape - so far, so good - BUT when I pressure-washed then, half are grey and half are pink!

[Not to mention the problems of trying to remember to lock the door to the bedroom (previously nothing really to take, so I was just closing it), and going to the room along the back hall! Since February 2009 (and we only broke through in January), we've only been able to access that part of the house by going outside; it seems that hasn't yet worn off!]

They are drying less obviously different, but I need to talk to David to see what he wants to do...

The half of me that likes everything to be "right" is thinking about all the hassle it would take to find another few slabs to cut down, and the half of me that is trying to be more Zen thinks we should just go with the flow, again.

It seems like the wanting-it-to-be-right half is in the minority, given that that's also the tired-out-by-it-all half! Exhaustion with the whole process, I think, will carry the day and we get a pink & grey mix floor and hope that as I'm not planning on washing it too often that it will fade down with a few scuff marks.

Unless David thinks otherwise, of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment