Monday, August 29, 2011

David spoke to M. Torelli

He bought the taps (without consulting us) because with our water pressure he believes the thermostatic valve will be better.

Oh, well, he's managed to charge us an extra €600 or €700 (on which he will make a small profit), but has talked himself out of installing the pump (on which he would probably make a similar profit, but then have his time on top) that he was telling us about!

He's also probably set me off looking for another plumber for the next time we want some work done [which might be the filtration system he recommended or the pump]; I really struggle to work with someone who makes a decision for me without consulting me because it's "best".

If I'm going to have to accept a compromise, at least let me know in advance, don't just force it on me and expect me to be happy.

We have coped with a non-thermostatic shower for the last six and a half years, and would have liked the chance to try the one we wanted. NOT being allowed to try what we want, means I will be thinking that I'd like to try a different plumber next time!

He told David that he has some repair kit for mending the cracked column; I am REALLY unhappy about that idea - if it has enough of a fault that it cracks during firing, it is not a strong item. Had we been charged seconds price for a flawed item, I might feel differently, but coming from near The Potteries, I resent being charged full price for something a reputable factory would have probably smashed.

I can remember why I hate dealing with French workmen: it seems to sap my energy without ever achieving anything. Next time I don't think I'm going to let David talk me out of finding workmen in England and bringing them over to France!

Oh, and he's not coming tomorrow; Wednesday or Thursday, probably...

No comments:

Post a Comment