Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Visitors

I thought I recognised a lady going into the church yard with her husband and son, and when she came out she and her husband came towards the house.

So I went to say hello, and it was Marianne and Eric from Brest!

Loïc went back to the house, but I wouldn't have recognised him, and I didn't remember Eric till I was speaking with them; thank goodness Marianne looks the same. I can't believe it's four years since I've seen her, and it must be over six since I saw Eric & Loïc.

They are helping Claire with the vendange, and are thoroughly grateful the weather has changed back to summer. Marianne said they got soaked through this morning, but thankfully managed to dry our this afternoon; I'm so glad that I'm not doing that.

Eric said they drove down yesterday from Brittany, and it was ten degrees cooler there, so I bet they are glad the storm has lowered the temperature. I said I'd made the mistake of opening all the windows for too long (being English and wanting the sun/warmth), and had allowed the heat into the house. They said the old stone houses take a long time to warm up, but when they are warm they stay that way. Doubly so when you have super-duper insulation!

Guinelle didn't come this time because she has a new baby, Luka, who is two months old today. I think I'm in line to see some baby pictures next time Marianne visits the cemetery...

Mind you, if he's half as cute as his mum it won't be hard saying "what a lovely baby"!

No comments:

Post a Comment