Monday, August 22, 2011

I've given in

I've joined the neighbours in not opening the shutters at the front of the house; being English [we see so little of the sun], I've been opening all the doors and windows to allow light in, whilst trying to encourage a through draught to stop the heat building up...

But yesterday it got too much.

The temperature peaked (inside) at 29.2°C, and that was just too much for me at 76% humidity.

Didn't mean I didn't continue to try and weed my photo albums down so I can update my photobook, but it did mean I wasn't comfortable whilst doing so.

I like the heat (and don't normally mind humidity too much), but it's preferable when you can get out of it!

So today the shutters are staying shut, and I've only opened windows at the back, and those will be closed once the temperature gets to 25°C...

Which in my estimation will be in about half an hour!

Right, I'm off to do some more weeding before the sun comes onto the potager, and pity any poor vendangeurs should I see any.

No comments:

Post a Comment