Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Thank goodness that's done!

I've finally finished cleaning the gunk off the tiles in the bathroom - it looks really nice.

It didn't honestly look bad before (just kind of dingy, somehow), but now that everything is shiny, it looks gorgeous!

OK, so it's taken me the best part of four days, but I'm never going to have to do that again; a spring clean is going to be a breeze in comparison.

Still thinking strongly about importing an English tiler (Grant's guy sounds brilliant, and will travel) for the future, and seeing if Henri will travel from the Dordogne; Karen says he's happy to do plumbing for people and earn a bit of extra money in his holidays, so who knows?

Needless to say, M. Torelli's promise to email and let me know whether he is coming tomorrow or Thursday hasn't materialised; and don't think it's because he works till 6pm like my dad used to - he's normally finished by 4pm or 4.30 at the latest.

Ho, hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment