Sunday, August 28, 2011

Scrubbing tiles

I've just spent another 7+ hours scrubbing the tiles in the bathroom; they are starting to look much better, and I have done the bits that would be more difficult if I'd left them till after the parois are fitted.

Am cursing M. Waeber, and his infatuation for spreading gunk about: I have found smears all over the place and trickles large enough in various areas to identify three different coloured products!

The purple parts of the shower "tray" I'm not sure I will ever manage to remove, which is a shame as it gives the grout a different finish, and goes completely odd-looking when wet.

The green bits on the bath I'm treating with a non-scratch scratchy and Cif, and hoping that doesn't ruin the coating.

The clear bits on the window I'm leaving until I'm reunited with one of my excellent blue 95p scrapers [or I find a similar thing in France].

Which of the above is smeared all over the tiles, I don't know, but it is highly resistant to removal, and is seriously making me lean towards bringing an English tiler out if we ever get around to doing the planned work upstairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment