Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Enjoying another glorious day, but sad...

The day started much warmer: 14°c at 8am, 22° at midday, and 28° by 2pm. Oddly, it still only reached 34° in the sun out front.

We saw M. Waeber yesterday; he came to drop off the bill [with his nice new computer, that seems to take a lot less time than the old handwritten ones!], and he mentioned that Sunday night into Monday had dropped to 8°, so we really haven't had a lot of heat this summer.

The lizard who lives by the kitchen door was busy sunning him/herself this afternoon, and quite frankly I don't blame him/her!

The sad part of my day was waving David off just before 4pm, as he's going back to the UK; once again we will have missed the Route du Champagne en Fête.

Next year, we won't be having to plan around workmen and we will be aiming to do some of the more interesting tourist things on offer.

One thing I need to watch out for as I'm staying here: David saw a (baby?) red squirrel in our cour anglaise by the bathroom window, so I want to keep an eye out for him/her.

A minor (major?) niggle has just landed in my inbox: the check in report for our flat notes that there is some food on the oven racks, and crumbs to the grill tray - I'm seriously NOT happy about that. The whole flat was very clean, but not clean to a letting standard [I hadn't buffed the taps/bath/basin, and the oven just needed a final going over as we'd used it a couple of times after I cleaned it a week or so before moving out, but the kitchen units I'd left, knowing that we had to pay for cleaning]. We've been charged £250 for a "professional" cleaning, and if they haven't even wiped in the oven will they have cleaned the windows/carpets bathroom, and kitchen cabinets?

I doubt it. Not looking forward to a battle, but seriously if the very minor level of mess I left behind hasn't been dealt with, I want a refund!

Of course, the check in report might have been done before the cleaning, but in that case why are there photos of furniture and the date was two days after the cleaners had done their bit?

Seriously pissed off that Maidstone and now Ormonde Court have been "professionally" cleaned, but left not clean!

As soon as I find out who the cleaners were, I will be naming names!

No comments:

Post a Comment