Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 12

Still expecting builders, (and knew we were going to get carpenters), just not at 8am! I was lying in bed ignoring the postponed alarm on the phone; I got to sleep some time after 1.30 - waiting for David to tell me he'd got home safely & then reading a bit - and then had that waking-up-for-2-hours thing, before debating whether to get up at 5.30, so I wasn't happy when the phone was so insistent.

With the benefit of hindsight, I should have got up & gone for a walk; at that time of day it is lovely, and I can startle all sorts of wildlife!

Today the builders are finishing off laying the concrete slab, now that the wastes are in place in the bathroom area. The carpenters are intending to complete the joists above the corridor...

Only one small problem as far as I can see: the ladder holding up the planks M. Mazij was standing on has been moved by the builders to put down their hard core. And the concrete they lay will then be wet...

I'm not going to be concerned until someone tells me to, and then I'm going to pass on the details to Jean-Marie, should somebody decide worrying needs to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment