Thursday, June 24, 2010

My gently perfumed world

I've just been off for another cycle ride; I was feeling quite tired & achy [that does NOT look right, but dictionary says "yes"], so decided just to do the shorter route and come back via the road. Then I got to the road and had been enjoying myself for the downhill bit (albeit slowly) and thought "why not?", if I just got up the hill the other side the cruise back down to the other road into the village is much swoopier, and being a metalled farm track has great surface but I'm not likely to meet any vehicles [different when they're harvesting, but the barley's not quite ready yet].

[ETA: did you notice how well I glossed over how many times I had to stop to get up the other hill? Not admitting anything (lost count at *ahem*), but at least I didn't dismount!]

Great fun!

And then I pulled into the front yard to the smell of freshly sawn timber competing with new-mown hay. It was gorgeous; a beautiful end to a lovely ride.

OK, so the posterior still needs acclimatising, the thighs need WAY more stamina, and I was doing my best to out-stink everything by "glowing" buckets, but who cares?

Enjoy the lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment