Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Materials expected this afternoon

Slight change of plan: I was thinking of going to Lusigny to do my shopping [not the nearest of places, but I wouldn't be (too) far from Botanique, the garden centre!] and maybe stopping in at Charpente Auboise to give them some grief.

So, instead I will be waiting in for a delivery of materials for the plasterer. It won't be M. Kadir who does the work, as he is going on holiday... Although the rate we are 'progressing' he might be back from his hols before work can start.

I think I will leave hassling Messrs Mazij to Jean-Marie; let him earn his money!

Ditto M. Torelli.

The absence of the carpenter and plumber is starting to impact on the rest of the work: the strengthening of the existing joists, and lowering the corridor upstairs means that the ceiling can't be done, and the need to lay the waste pipes is stopping the floor being finished and also the supply piping needs to be in place before the walls can be insulated/plasterboarded out.

It's such a beautiful day that I'm just enjoying it, but I have a feeling that if it was cold & wet I'd be fuming!

So, still awaiting "Day 9"...

No comments:

Post a Comment