Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Our "placo" came/another marvellous machine


I'm really getting into incredibly-helpful delivery drivers and their marvellous machinery!

Two bods turned up this afternoon (as promised), reversed into the front yard without hitting anything & started unloading the "placo" ["Placoplâtre" is a trademarked name that's used for plasterboard; like "Hoover" is often substituted for vacuum cleaner], using the magic of hydraulics and remote controls.

As always, blokes display great mastery of hand-held gadgets!

Just like the unfounded fears I had when concrete-mixer-driver had his "tapis" very close to the "au vent", today's concerns were equally baseless; the arm of the hoist got within millimetres of the crinkly tin without touching.

I'm not sure if my presence has anything to do with the care taken (my cynical head says "yes!" - we don't get things damaged in our presence!), but once again I was impressed.

If we had deliveries regularly, I would definitely be begging for a "play" with the joystick!

I suspect that the "placo" is in everyone's way, but I'm not going to worry about that: if the carpenter & plumber had done their bit as promised, the delivery would have been on the right day/in the right place for the plasterer to start work...

Guess I'm going to play dumb (as necessary) on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment