Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 7


Or should that be "Day 6" - I can't make up my mind whether Day 1 counted [showing up, saying "Hello!", and coming back hours later to measure from a hole drilled in a block down 1m - still not sure if that IS a day's work!], and whether the bonus half hour on Saturday does either...

Still, we've had workmen on site now for 7 days, so I'm sticking with "Day 7".

On Day 7 we had an electrician run a few cables so that they will be covered in concrete when the builders lay the concrete tomorrow.

We've got two places where power sockets/telephone/TV are going to be located on the stone walls & the cabling needs to come up from the floor in a joint in the stone work.

We were going to have three places, but there was no other suitable joint, so we've compromised!

Still not sure what's going to happen with the absence of a plumber and needing to encase the waste pipes in the slab...

BUT, I'm reminding myself that we have a project manager whose job it is to worry about that sort of thing (and who knew about the problems with the plumber's health before he quoted for our job), so I'm going to let Jean-Marie earn his money!

[Maybe by tomorrow's update I will have eaten my words, but maybe (just maybe) not.]

No comments:

Post a Comment