Monday, July 05, 2010

Day 13

M. Torelli came and tried to fit a 4" soil pipe, but it had bent out of shape - enough to cause the stays problems, so he's left it out in the sun to bend back into shape!

He's now being held up by the absence of the plasterer...

[Who should have been here today.]

Tomorrow's outcome on the corridor joists may hold up the plasterer...

I'm now officially beyond caring; we're not going to meet our end of May deadline [unless it's next year!], so I'm just focusing on not-stressing.

Builders came & vanished [I was taking them out some cold water; they'd refused another coffee, and they weren't there]. I think they are letting the concrete of the window sill go off and will be back tomorrow.

Apparently, there are two meetings with Jean-Marie tomorrow. As usual, I am feeling a bit aggrieved that I only knew about one of them. Luckily, I suppose, I found out today and not after I got back from shopping to be told about it by M. Alain!

I'm feeling a lot happier; I think the decision-by-default over the (to-be-lowered) woodwork must be the "correct" one - I've stopped mulling it over and it just "feels right". Mostly that's a sign that it is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment