Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 21

M. Hamid has only just finished; there's clearly something wrong with his work ethic!

There again, he's not French...

He's finished the brickwork around the bathroom window, and is just putting back the stones above. He was right that Jean-Marie had given M. Franck the wrong starting point with regard to the stepped bricks [I know they're not quoins, but I don't know what they are]; instead of ending up with three bricks sticking out at the top, we've got one. But I can live with that!

Given how often we will be looking at the lintel once we've got the vegetable garden growing, it's a small sacrifice.

The forme also has played it's part, and I was surprised to hear that the French understand what a plumb-line is. [*Irony*] Seriously, given the wonkiness of the wall, it looks pretty damn good.

The ouate de cellulose insulation has arrived; I don't know why they are not using loose this time, but finding the panels of it has been a headache, apparently - M. Jamel had to go to Dijon to get some. That's got to be a two-hour drive in his truck.

I was heartened to hear that no-one understands him; it's not just me, which makes me feel better, even if the poor guy must feel totally isolated. M. Hamid says it's because he doesn't enunciate properly, and I'd agree, but as that's a bugbear of mine, I would say that, wouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment