Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Day 14/ Tuesday meeting

Bonus meeting!

Somehow the window is in slightly the wrong place, but there is sufficient room for that to not matter. We are hopefully getting the most-possible beam showing.

Jean-Marie asked if my worries were over - now M. Mazij jnr has undone all his hard work on the corridor joists, and M. Alain has lowered the sill of the window - I nodded and said "yes".

I don't think it would be helpful to say that I wasn't worried, I was incandescent with rage at being ignored again!

They asked if David is OK with it, so I tried to explain that if I'm happy with it, David is happy with it. [To steal a phrase from a lovely friend (hi MJM), I am a nitpicker pursuivant when it comes to projects!] They understand that he trusts me, and should know my now that I am the fussier one!

Now I am calm; I like working with M. Mekki and M. Luparello, M. Mazij, and M. Torelli, and I think all those guys have a can-do attitude. M. Jalel seems to have grasped that seeing as much of the beam as possible [never forget to emphasise something like that] is more important than a flat ceiling, but I will be here to watch him anyway...

Now all I need to do is cross my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment