Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 28, continued

The plumbers did all that they could without...

Can't remember what condition needs to be satisfied for them to continue, but I'm sure it will all come right in the end!
The builders have removed all the surplus plasterboards, and brought some new green [water resistant] ones. M. Hamid has been enlarging the cour anglaise, and that's been hard work, given that today has decided to go back to full-on summer weather.

He says he's back tomorrow; I'm just hoping to finish the sill to the bathroom window [apparently, that needs re-doing, so we will be on attempt number five to get that opening sorted!] and get those rejingots done, but I suspect the cour anglaise will take priority.

I was hoping to ask M. Mekki/M. Luparello, but today I didn't get a visit; shame, I like our multi-lingual conversations!

M. Luparello best sums up my linguistic abilities when describing his own: "je parle [insert language of choice] comme une vache espanol", however I like being able to add in a little Italian, Spanish, German, English or Welsh [I'm shoehorning in the very few phrases I know]; makes the French so much more *ahem* interesting.

However, it does mean I have to pay attention; it's one thing listening out for French words, it's another thing entirely trying to work out what language we are talking!

No comments:

Post a Comment