Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pics/forgot to say

Some pics of our newly-'ensmallened' room! [Sorry, sometimes I like the new (made up) words; sounds so much better than diminished.]

I forgot to say, that after we'd finished wrangling with Jean-Marie about the menuiserie element of the bill, we raised the charpenterie element. We were fully prepared to go into battle about that later, but felt it only fair to mention it yesterday.

That was fine - J-M said there wouldn't be any additional charge as it wasn't our error. He blamed Laurent [which I didn't think was fair, given the sketch he sent out], but as I know they do a lot of work together I'm not getting involved; they probably each make enough profit from the other to be able to lose an additional length of joist & two days' worth of labour, or J-M can give them more work.

Who knows? Who cares!

Obviously, we feel massively relieved this is over. I'm still concerned about how the work is being managed, but it should be over within three weeks apart from M. Baty & M. Waeber, and I trust them implicitly, so if/when I go back to England I know I can stop worrying.

I'm massively impressed with David [can't remember if I mentioned that in the last post]; he's shown bravery and determination beyond my wildest dreams, and has been awarded "knight in shining armour" status, and may even get spoilt rotten [a bit!].

HUGE, huge thanks, David!

No comments:

Post a Comment