Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 22, continued

We've only had one other incident that's led to a broken ceiling; I don't think anyone was hurt, but seeing them all still working I never thought to ask!

Having also broken another rung on my ladder, the electrician felt his work here was done, and departed.

M. Hamid has finished the window at the back; lovely job. That was despite, rather than because of, the help of poor M. Jamel, I think. Certainly M. Hamid was pulling faces, and M. Mekki has started calling him "Mr Bean". NOT kind, for I believe M. Jamel is doing his best, it's just that no-one understands him. I feel quite sorry for him; feeling un-heard can be a very lonely place.

He seems a happy chappy, so I do hope he's got plenty of nice people at home who can make out what he's saying [and don't call him Mr Bean!].

The poor plaquistes left at 6 pm, and didn't manage to finish today; they are being held up by the lintel, but M. Jalel says he totally understands why that had to be re-done.

They are coming back tomorrow...

We've sent various emails off to people, the one to M. Torelli invites him to let us know if I've misunderstood, otherwise see him Wednesday to move the waste pipe into the middle of the wall, next to the partition. We shall see, but if that's possible, I don't see why we shouldn't do that.

We're gradually talking ourselves into the roll top bath: if we buy one that I've seen in England, it will work out about £300 cheaper than a fitted bath in France. OK, we've got fitting on top of that, but by eliminating the need to make/fit housing that will still be cheaper than the steel bath.

And that's before I start looking on eBay [the last bath I bought was brand new & £16.99; oh the joys of Berlingo ownership]...

No comments:

Post a Comment